Dentures are a reliable way to replace teeth, but they have their shortcomings. They simply don’t feel and function like natural teeth. For a more lifelike dental experience, you might want to dump dentures for implants.
Dental implants are embedded in your jaw, so that teeth attached to them will give you a far more lifelike performance than dentures can. To see if you’re a good candidate for implant dentures, call us today at 509-850-3217 for a consultation in our Spokane Valley, WA office.
In the meantime, see some of the reasons we recommend them. Compared to conventional dentures, they are:
- More Stable – Dentures have an unfortunate tendency to slip and shift out of place. That’s because they sit on top of your gums, held in place by suction – often supplemented with some adhesive. In contrast, dentures attached to implants aren’t going anywhere. Implants fuse with your jawbone, providing a highly secure foundation for replacement teeth.
- Better for Your Bone – Implants stimulate your jaw in the same way as natural tooth roots. Without this stimulation, your bone shrinks. This bone loss is what gives dentures wearers the gaunt-faced appearance that makes them look old before their time.
- Better for Your Nutrition and Overall Health – Implant dentures also give you far more chewing power than conventional dentures. So you can eat anything you want, including nutritious foods like fresh fruits and vegetables.
- More Comfortable – Since dental implant dentures won’t come loose, they won’t rub against your gums and cause painful friction.
- Easier to Maintain – Some dental implant dentures are removed for cleaning, much like conventional dentures. Others stay fixed in place, so they require no more than simple brushing and flossing to keep clean. In addition, since implants keep your jawbone from shrinking, you won’t need a relining procedure to maintain a snug fit.
Want to learn more about dental implant dentures? Call 509-850-3217 now to schedule a consultation at Family Dental of Spokane Valley.