Spring may not be here yet, but you’re probably planning on some spring cleaning activities. After all those months of winter, now is a great time to clean and repair your home. This way, it’s ready for everything that spring (and summer!) throws your way.
But what about your family’s teeth? Are they ready for the warmer weather? During these months, your family will be involved in plenty of outside activities and big events like graduations and weddings. That means you need to make sure your smiles are ready for photos, safe activities, and more.
Call Family Dental of Spokane Valley today at 509-850-3217 and schedule visits for everyone in your family. Dr. Ellsworth works great with children, and with his combination of expert training and experience, he can help prepare everyone’s smiles for spring and summer.
Spring Cleaning For Teeth
Your family is good about brushing and flossing. Then why do they need to visit a dentist every six months? For the same reason your home needs spring cleaning: Damage and more collect on your teeth over time.
Again, brushing and flossing are needed! But only a trained dentist like Dr. Ellsworth has the technology, tools, and expertise to truly clean your teeth. With a dental cleaning, you can get rid of plaque and tartar before they cause serious dental problems like cavities or gum disease.
But it’s more than a thorough cleaning. Many dental health issues start so small, you cannot detect them. Cavities are hard to see, and since your enamel has no nerve endings, these can grow unchecked if you’re not careful. A dental exam with digital X-rays can identify any problems while they are still small enough to treat easily (and more affordably).
Get Ready For Photos
Because the weather cooperates more, many people host big events in spring and summer. Graduation parties are less about the weather, but weddings and family reunions usually take advantage of the warmth. That means you and your family will be caught in many photos that will quickly get shared online.
But are your family’s smiles ready? Stains, chips, and gaps between teeth can make people feel too embarrassed about such photos. That’s why cosmetic dentistry treatment exist; to give your family smiles they want to show everyone. Here are a few of the treatments you can get from Dr. Ellsworth:
- Dental Veneers: These covers for your teeth will be expertly shaped and colored. Once bonded to the front of your teeth, they hide any stains or cosmetic problems. Finally, you have a smile that looks worthy for all those photos! (This treatment also helps prevent any damage from getting worse.)
- Professional Teeth Whitening: Whitening kits you can find in stores are weak so they can be sold with a prescription. If you want your smile to be truly white, then you need Opalescence, a professional-strength system that you can still do at home on your own time. It’s just that the results are much better!
- Teeth Contouring: There are many ways a tooth can look somewhat misshapen. Regardless of how, you probably don’t want those teeth immortalized in a wedding photo. Teeth contouring uses a special dental laser to gently reshape the tooth so it looks amazing.
- Crown Lengthening: Sometimes, a smile looks worse because so much gum tissue covers the teeth that they look oddly small. This treatment makes it look like your teeth are longer by using a dental laser to gently remove excess gums.
- Gum Reshaping: No matter how much enamel shows, an uneven or crooked gumline tends to stand out when you smile. To correct for that, our team can reshape your gumline so it’s where it should be.
- Modern Orthodontics: Crooked teeth never look great, especially in adults. (“Didn’t you have braces growing up?”) Thankfully, you can get modern orthodontic treatments at our Spokane Valley, WA dental office that are also discreet. Whether it’s Invisalign, ClearCorrect, or Six Month Smiles, you can finally get a straight, even smile.
Enjoy Activities Safely
Damage like cracks and chips are unsightly, but they also weaken your family’s teeth. When the enamel is worn or damaged, that tooth is more likely to get seriously hurt by a sports injury. Accidents happen, and if your teeth are strong, you will typically face less damage. Here are some restorative dentistry treatments that can help you and your family.
- Composite Fillings: Cavities make teeth weak by eroding the protective enamel. A filling returns that protection, and with a modern composite filling, it blends in with the color of your tooth. This way, it’s stronger and nicer to look at.
- Root Canals: When you have an infected tooth, it grows weaker from the inside. That means it’s at a higher risk of getting cracked or even broken. A root canal gently removes the infection so the tooth stays strong. And with modern technology and techniques, yours can be done more comfortably.
- Dental Crowns: If you have a tooth that’s cracked or chipped, that protective enamel needs some help. With this treatment, you get a cap that looks and feels like a real tooth placed over the damaged one. This holds the tooth together and adds a layer of armor. Plus, it hides any unsightly problems!
- Dental Bridges: A gap left behind by a missing tooth is more than just embarrassing. You could damage the gums there or the nearby teeth with a nasty accident while active. But a dental bridge fills that gap with a dental crown, giving you a strong, complete smile once more.
- Dental Implants: These also replace lost teeth, but these help prevent jawbone deterioration (so an accident doesn’t turn into a huge problem). That’s because they feature an artificial tooth root surgically placed in your jawbone, mimicking how real teeth work.
Make Your Family Dental Visit
You know how time flies, so call us today at 509-850-3217 or use our online form to schedule your next visit for you or anyone in your family. Spring will be here before you know it, so come to Family Dental of Spokane Valley to get everyone’s smiles ready.