The interesting thing about veneers is again the technology that's changed has greatly enhanced the veneers that we can make and the quality and the strength of veneers. Veneers are very, very thin laminate of porcelain that fit on the outside of your teeth. The outside of the teeth do not have to be prepared very much, so it's a very conservative procedure and it enables us to change shape of teeth, color of teeth, close up spaces, change smile lines, lengthen teeth that have been worn down, we can do a lot of things with veneers.
They're nice because they're a conservative non evasive way of rehabbing a smile. There are other ways to do it as well, but they can be more comprehensive, they can be more aggressive, but if we can do a veneer case, we always try to be as conservative as possible. We like to keep things simple. We like to keep things easier, so veneers are a way for us to do that to get a great result and keep it more conservative, and keep it easier, and have it look and have a great smile.
Dental veneers are an especially versatile cosmetic dentistry option because of the wide variety of imperfections they can conceal. Because they can change the color, shape, size, or length of your teeth, you may want to choose veneers if your teeth are:
- Too short or worn down
- Unevenly spaced
Call Spokane Valley, WA dentist Dr. Craig Ellsworth in Family Dental of Spokane Valley at 509-850-3217 to find out if dental veneers are the right cosmetic dentistry treatment for you.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Dental veneers offer several key benefits:
- At Family Dental of Spokane Valley, we use porcelain veneers, which are sturdy and stain-resistant.
- Dental veneers strengthen your teeth.
- Veneers require less extensive alteration of your teeth when compared to treatments like dental crowns.
- There is minimal discomfort. If Dr. Craig Ellsworth uses a general anesthetic to numb the area, chances are you won’t feel anything during the procedure.
- Veneers are made to last. Depending on how you care for them, your veneers can last up to 15 years.
Getting Your Dental Veneers
Getting veneers is not an overly complicated process. It requires as few as two trips to our Spokane Valley, WA dentist office. Here is how it usually works:
- Dr. Craig Ellsworth discusses your needs to make sure dental veneers are right for your smile.
- He shaves a tiny amount of enamel from your teeth and makes an impression, which will be sent to an off-site lab where your veneers will be made. It typically takes two to four weeks for the lab to produce your dental veneers.
- When the veneers arrive, Dr. Craig Ellsworth ensures you’ll get the look you want by trimming them to fit and even modifying the color of the cement used to apply them if desired.
- He cleans, polishes, and etches your teeth to prepare them for the veneers.
- Dr. Craig Ellsworth applies the veneers to your teeth with a fast-drying cement, then uses a special light to set the cement.
- Finally, he makes any needed adjustments.
Want to hear more about dental veneers? Call Family Dental of Spokane Valley at 509-850-3217 for your consultation with top Spokane Valley, WA dentist Dr. Craig Ellsworth.