Most people focus on reshaping their teeth with treatments like teeth contouring or veneers. But what about your gums? You may want to consider gum reshaping from trusted Spokane Valley, WA dentist Dr. Craig Ellsworth if you are not happy with the look of your gums when you smile.
You may be a good candidate for gum reshaping if:
- Your gums sit too low, giving you a gummy smile
- Your gums sit too high, which is often a result of gum disease
- You have an uneven gumline
Family Dental of Spokane Valley offers gum reshaping in our Spokane Valley, WA dentist office, including removing excess tissue to treat a gummy smile. Call us at 509-850-3217 to schedule your cosmetic dentistry consultation.
Gum Reshaping with Lasers
You probably don’t care what kind of laser Dr. Craig Ellsworth uses. And you’re right; the make or model name are not important. But you’ll be glad he uses a laser for procedures such as gum reshaping.
And you can feel confident in Spokane Valley, WA dentist Dr. Craig Ellsworth’s ability because he has completed advanced training to work with dental lasers.
Why are lasers such a good tool for gum reshaping? Lasers cauterize your gum tissue as Dr. Craig Ellsworth works. That means:
- There is little if any bleeding or discomfort during the procedure.
- There is little chance of infection.
- You will recover quickly. While your gums may be tender for a week or so, taking an over-the-counter pain reliever like ibuprofen should ease your discomfort.
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your gums, trusted Spokane Valley, WA dentist Dr. Craig Ellsworth can use lasers to reshape them. Call us at 509-850-3217 or use our online form to find out if gum reshaping is right for you.