Emergencies are part of dentistry. That's just part of the game. It's something we know that we've signed up for from day one. If emergencies are something that somebody doesn't want to do, they should have gone into a different profession. We do our best to try and help people when they need help. Obviously pain is a big factor, is a motivating factor. When somebody's in that situation, where they're in pain and where things are hurting and not going well, and they wish they could snap their fingers and disappear because the pain is so bad, we do our best to get them in right then. I know that we have other people going at the same time, but if we can get them in and get them treated and get them out of pain, at least, so that we can bring them back and treat them more definitively later on, then it's an awesome service to perform. It's a great service for that person. It's us doing what we do. It's part of who we are as a dental profession.
Emergencies are a big deal. That's a lot of why people come, is because they've got some type of emergency.
Nothing can wreck your family’s day – or even more likely, night – than a dental emergency. Top-notch Spokane Valley, WA dentist Dr. Craig Ellsworth is a father of six children, so he has had to deal with dental emergencies himself.
Call Family Dental Care of Spokane Valley at 509-850-3217 so we can treat you or your family member as soon as possible in case of dental emergencies. Because we are parents and grandparents ourselves, we are especially good at relieving pain and stress for even our youngest patients.
Same-Day Service for Dental Emergencies
Time is your enemy in a dental emergency. The most important thing to do for any dental emergency, whether it’s a broken tooth or a toothache, is to seek help as soon as possible. That is why we offer same-day care for your dental emergencies in our Spokane Valley, WA dentist office.
Family Dental of Spokane Valley offers early-morning appointments on most weekdays. So we can see you or your family member as early as 7 a.m. In the event of dental emergencies, we will make every effort to see you outside of normal business hours.
Common Dental Emergencies
Some of the most common dental emergencies we see at Family Dental of Spokane Valley include:
- A knocked-out tooth. Dr. Craig Ellsworth can try to save your tooth by reinserting it into its socket. If this isn’t an option, he can replace your tooth with a dental implant, a mini dental implant, or a dental bridge.
- A broken tooth. If you break or crack your tooth, Dr. Craig Ellsworth can repair it with a dental crown. The dental crown not only covers the damage but also strengthens your tooth.
- An infected tooth. When infection sets in, it can cause tremendous pain. And worse, if the infection isn’t removed in a timely manner, you can lose your tooth. Dr. Craig Ellsworth can perform a root canal to get the infection out of your tooth.
If the damage to your tooth is so serious that the tooth must be removed, trusted Spokane Valley, WA dentist Dr. Craig Ellsworth can extract your tooth it with a minimum of discomfort.
Tips for Transporting Teeth in Dental Emergencies
Knocked-out teeth are one of the most common dental emergencies. Here are some tips for handling your knocked-out tooth until you can make it into our Spokane Valley, WA dentist office:
- Handle your tooth by the crown (white part); avoid touching the root.
- Keep the tooth in your mouth if possible, in your cheek or under your tongue, until you see Dr. Craig Ellsworth.
- If you cannot keep the tooth in your mouth, put it in a small sealed container of milk for transport.
- Apply an ice pack and take an over-the-counter medication like ibuprofen to relieve pain. Avoid aspirin, especially if you are bleeding.
When dental emergencies strikes, call Spokane Valley, WA dentist Dr. Craig Ellsworth at 509-850-3217 for help.