Dr. Ellsworth on Embarrassment to Smile Read Transcript
So if you're embarrassed to smile and it's surprising how often I hear that. It's a very common statement. It's the reason why a lot of people end up coming to the dentist. The statistics show that 50% of the population does not go to the dentist, so that's a big group of people. And what drives them to finally come, a lot of them, is because that very question is, "I'm embarrassed to smile. Do I have any hope?" Oftentimes, they've spent a lot of time on Google, and done searches and, "What can I do to solve my problem? Am I hopeless? Do I need dentures? Should I have all my teeth taken out?"
My first comment to them is that, "First of all, they're not alone." There's a lot of people in that same boat, and wondering the same thing, and feeling the same thing, and there are answers, and there are solutions, and there are ways to get around it. There's never been a case where I've had to say, "I'm sorry. You got ... That's what you got and that's what you got to live with." There's never been a case like that. Every case is different, obviously. But we've done some amazing things for people and changed their lives by something as, seems like, but not, correcting a smile that's bothered them, and change their outlook, it changes the way they look at pictures, how they deal with other people.
But clearly, with the technology we have, especially available to us, and the materials that we have now, changing a smile is completely different. Making a smile better is way easier. It's way doable. It's not as hard to do. It's not as much work. It's not as difficult as you may think. The solution is not taking your teeth out and making dentures. That is a solution, but not the solution. We try and avoid that. But certainly, people bring that question up a lot and we try and reassure them that they're not alone. And it's fairly common. It's happens and we can do something for them.
Call 509-850-3217 to find out how our Spokane Valley, WA cosmetic dentist can give you great-looking teeth that you won’t hesitate to reveal in a smile!
Cosmetic Dentistry Services Beautify Your Smile
Among the cosmetic dentistry services offered at Family Dental of Spokane Valley that can help improve your smile are:
- Dental veneers. Dr. Craig Ellsworth can apply thin porcelain dental veneers to conceal imperfections in your smile, including teeth with stains, cracks, or chips. Veneers can also cover gaps and misshapen teeth.
- Teeth whitening. Dr. Ellsworth can whiten and brighten your smile with custom teeth whitening treatments.
- Orthodontics. If you want straighter teeth, your choices at Family Dental of Spokane Valley include Invisalign, ClearCorrect, and Six Month Smiles. Because some of these methods do not involve wires and brackets, they are especially popular with adults. Traditional braces are available, too.
- Teeth contouring and crown lengthening. Our Cosmetic dentist uses a high-tech laser to reshape your teeth or even to make short teeth appear longer by altering the gum and bone surrounding your teeth.
- Gum reshaping and gummy smile treatment. Dissatisfied with the appearance of your gums? Dr. Ellsworth can reshape them using a high-tech laser.
- Tooth bonding. Dr. Ellsworth can fix minor cosmetic issues with tooth bonding. He uses a sturdy, tooth-colored resin material to transform your smile.
Our cosmetic dentist at Family Dental of Spokane Valley can help you improve your smile and change whatever you don’t like about it, whether that’s your teeth or your gums. Call 509-850-3217 or use our online form to schedule your cosmetic dentistry consultation!