Dental crowns are like a Swiss Army knife of restorative dentistry because they can be used to repair all kinds of dental damage. Top-notch Spokane Valley, WA dentist Dr. Craig Ellsworth may recommend dental crowns for:
- A broken tooth
- A badly cracked tooth
- A tooth weakened by a large filling
- A misshapen tooth
- A tooth with severe discoloration
- A worn-down tooth
In addition, Dr. Craig Ellsworth may use dental crowns to cover dental implants or to keep dental bridges in position.
To meet with trusted Spokane Valley, WA dentist Dr. Ellsworth in our Spokane Valley, WA dentist office and find out if a dental crown or dental bridge can repair your smile, call 509-850-3217.
Steps to a Dental Crown
With more than 25 years as a dentist, Dr. Ellsworth is an old hand at dental crowns and dental bridges. Here is how the crown procedure typically works:
- Dr. Craig Ellsworth X-rays your tooth and the area around it to ensure it will support a dental crown.
- He numbs the area with local anesthesia for a pain-free procedure.
- Top-notch Spokane Valley, WA dentist Dr. Ellsworth prepares your tooth to receive a dental crown. He files it down or, if part of the tooth is missing, uses a special material to build it up.
- He takes an impression of your tooth, then sends it to an off-site lab where the dental crown is made. It usually takes two to three weeks.
- Dr. Ellsworth places a temporary crown on your tooth that you will wear until your new crown is placed on a second visit to our Spokane Valley, WA office.
- When your new crown arrives, he makes sure the dental crown fits well and looks natural before securely affixing it to your tooth.
Once your dental crowns is in place, it will look and feel like your natural tooth. Dr. Craig Ellsworth uses Lava and Obsidian crowns, two trusted brands known for their durability and natural appearance.
How a Dental Bridge Works
To create a dental bridge, Spokane Valley, WA dentist Dr. Craig Ellsworth places dental crowns on the teeth adjacent to a missing tooth. The crowns will support your replacement tooth, which is a solid dental crown. Thus, you’ve “bridged” the gap left by your missing tooth.
Dr. Craig Ellsworth can also use dental implants to support your dental bridge.
To find out if you or your family member is a good candidate for a dental crowns or a dental bridge, call Family Dental of Spokane Valley at 509-850-3217.