Root canals have earned a reputation as one of the most feared dental procedures. Yet when performed by a veteran Spokane Valley, WA dentist like Dr. Craig Ellsworth at Family Dental of Spokane Valley, there is nothing to fear about root canals.
If you think you need a root canals treatment, Call trusted Spokane Valley, WA dentist at 509-850-3217. Dr. Craig Ellsworth can perform the procedure, ending your pain and saving your tooth.
Why You Need a Root Canal
If decay gets into the center of your tooth, into the soft tissue inside, it must be removed. Otherwise, your tooth can get infected. Complications of infection can include:
- An abscessed tooth
- Swelling in your face and neck
- Bone loss around the root of your tooth
- A hole in your tooth that allows infection to spread
These complications are not only painful; they will lead to the loss of your tooth.
The Root Canal Procedure
Dr. Craig Ellsworth has performed scores of root canals procedures in his 26 years as a Spokane Valley, WA dentist. Here is how the root canals process works:
- He takes X-rays to determine the extent of the damage
- He administers local anesthesia to numb the area surrounding the tooth so you feel no discomfort
- He places a piece of rubber around your tooth so the area stays dry
- He makes a tiny hole in the tooth, then removes all the damaged material from the center of the tooth
- He disinfects the tooth
- Then, he fills your tooth with a material called gutta-percha
- Finally, he places a filling to seal your tooth
- Depending on the extent of the damage, he may also place a dental crown on your tooth
With Dr. Craig Ellsworth’s expertise, you can trust him to complete your root canal as quickly and painlessly as possible. He’ll make the right decisions to preserve as much of your tooth as he can.